Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Vacation

Well, I'm back from my vacation to Philadelpha/New York/DC and I had a fabulous time! We flew out Monday and setteled in. Tuesday rolled around and we were up pright and early to the historic distrect to see Independance Hall, the Liberty Bell and the Mint. All were crouded, but emensly enjoyable. The humidity was oppressive, but indoor areas were all thankfully air conditioned. My bag was searched more times than I care to count, but it was great nonetheless. I'll post pictures here when I have time to convert the file type.

Tuesday evening we drove up to brooklyn via the mindlessly boring Jersey Turnpike. For your informaton, when someone says "underground music scene" they really mean it. Underneath Union Hall was a little bar and not much more than a nook with benches along the walls. Nevertheless, the performances by the Petersons and Jonathan Coulton were wonderfully fun and humerous. Coulton even hopped in on one of the Peterson's songs, a cover of Take On Me.

Fabulous.

No comments: